WINTERLING SCHWARTZENBACH (1907-2000)
The company was started by seven Winterling brothers in Röslau, Bavaria an area in southern Germany famed for its beautiful porcelain clay. It was founded as Gebrüder Winterling O.H.G. in 1907. Ten years later they took over Oscar Schaller porcelain factory located in Schwarzenbach.
In 1950 the business was turned into a joint-stock company combining multiple entities. In 1954 they started another factory in Bruchmühlbach. They crafted a wide collection of traditional porcelain serving and dinnerware pieces but also produced very finely crafted modern pieces with pop and op art influences.