SCHEURICH KERAMIK (1954- today)
Founded 90 years ago as wholesalers of glass and porcelain, Scheurich has reinvented itself again and again over the years.
In 1927 Alois Scheurich jointly established a company named “Scheurich and Greulich” (S&G) (German for appalling). S&G distributed low cost ceramic and glass items.
The success of S&G allowed Alois Scheurich to establish his own ceramics factory in Kleinheubach in 1954 commencing production of ceramics with the first electrical tunnel kiln. Scheurich became known for applying up many multiple glazes to a single shape or form. The "fat lava" volcanic texture was one of the popular in the 1960's- 1970's and they became one of the largest manufacturers of ceramics in Germany from the 1950s to the 1980s. They exported more than any other ceramic company in Germany. Some lines were specifically produced for foreign markets, such as the ‘Europline’ and mould designs marked ‘foreign’. The distribution of some forms and glazes indicates that some may have been produced for specific countries.The designer Heinz Siery is responsible for many of the forms which Scheurich produced.