Per and Annelise Linnemann-Schmidt (Palshus)
PER LINNEMANN- SCHMIDT and ANNELISE LINNEMANN-SCHMIDT
Palshus Pottery was created by the husband and wife duo Per and Neelise Linneman Schmidt in Senglose, Denmark in the late 1940's. Palshus is the acronym of the initials of their names and the word "hus" which translates as house in Danish. The initial works were more spare in form and finish and became the perfect canvases for the exquisite matte "haresfur" glazes in subtle tones of blues, browns, creams and earthy olives. In the mid-1950's they developed more rustic "chamotte" textural clay bodies, often incised with simple geometric motifs and higher gloss glazes. They often collaborated with well known sculptors and ceramicists to develop singular pieces as well as an array of lamps, serving pieces and vases. The pottery house closed its doors in 1972.