Ceramano was founded in 19549 in Ransbach-Baumbach by Jakob Schwaderlapp, who also founded the Jasba factory in 1926. The company was created to provide higher crafted collection to complement the modestly priced, mass-produced Jasba lines. Ceramano pieces were considered more of a studio ceramics workshop marked by their higher quality and experimental approach to form and glazes. Although most companies used molds to speed production, many of Ceramano pieces were still made by hand.
Ceramano vases are often hand-marked and include the name of the collection. The principal designers, although there were others, were Hans Welling and Gerda Heuckeroth who also designed notable pieces for Carstens.
In the 1970s, as studio ceramics lost their popularity, Ceramano bought the Waku Feuerfest Keramik factory in order to step up their mass-production, but this venture proved unsuccessful, and the company closed in the 1980s.